Guiding Question

In Wildermyth, I liked having a guiding question to help make decisions which would otherwise have been really squishy and hard to pin down: "Will this help us create memorable heroes?"

Transformed limbs? Memorable heroes. Overland economy with money? Not so much. Weapon-name generator? Memorable heroes. Research tree? Not so much.

I'm flailing around trying to figure out a guiding question for this next thing, at least for myself, and at least in preproduction. The closest I've got is, "How can I deepen my relationships with these townspeople?" 

At the end of the game, I want to feel like I've got their backs, they've got mine, we've been through some shit, and hopefully I've had a chance to do right by them through the things I've made and done in the game. When I'm thinking about what sort of concept art to draw, I want to think about those moments where you're potentially bonding with an NPC. It's a starting point, anyway.

Comments